Wednesday 17 June 2020

Welcome to Paranormal Romance Author - Patricia Bates

I’m delighted to welcome Patricia Bates to my blog.

Patricia Bates - Author

Hello Patricia - It was great to connect with you through our publisher, BeachwalkPress, Inc. where a wide range of quality ebooks in a variety of subgenres and heat levels - from erotic to sensual - are offered.
But before we discover more about your soon to be released novel, A Hunters Desire, here are a few questions which will hopefully give your readers and followers an insight into some of the things that matter to you.


Arabella: Are there any organisations, writing, or reader groups, you belong to? And, how do they support or help you in creating such wonderful, inspirational novels?
Patricia: I’m a member of Romantiques, a critique group which has grown into an all out writers group. They’re a great group of people, really helpful on feedback and give the honest information I need. I feel through their input I’m able to develop and grow in my writing without failing to notice the changes I need to make.

Arabella: Where do you read? Sofa or bed or ____?
Patricia: I read wherever I can find a spot. Sofa, car, chair, kitchen...I try not to read in bed because I find it makes it hard for me to fall asleep.



  
Arabella: In your soon to be released novel, A Hunter’s Desire, who is your favourite character and why?
Patricia: It has to be Gideon…but then again I have a soft spot for Rebel.
On a forced vacation, Gideon is in the right place at the wrong time, and his downtime is cut short by the disappearance of a wealthy socialite. As he investigates, he finds himself confronted by a wall of silence. The only bright spot is Rebel Hunter, a man of mystery and danger.

Arabella: When writing a novel, how do you work? Are you a plotter or pantser?
Patricia: I’m an organized pantser. I’ve tried doing the plot thing and have never actually finished a book using the plot I set out.

Arabella: Which would you prefer to do: 1) spend a morning vigorously working out at the gym, 2) be pampered from head to toe at the spa and beauty salon, 3) indulge and pile on the pounds with a romantic dinner for two?
Patricia: Hmm I do like to keep active, but I’d have to say number two for sure.




Arabella: We all have a long list of books we keep meaning to read but never have the time for --- which book is a must read for you this season?
Patricia: The Art of Language Invention – it’s on my must be read list as I work to develop a fictional language for my books.

Arabella: Which of the following would you rather wear? 1) beach shorts and top 2) a long evening skirt and blouse 3) pyjamas and slippers?
Patricia: I’m a pjs and slippers kind of girl. I love in jeans but when it’s a lazy day - I rarely get out of my pjs, and I’m often into them quite early.



Arabella: What about your future plans? Any books or series in the making?
Patricia: I do have a number of projects I’m working on. Currently I’m finishing up designing the board game Forsaken Realm to have it on the market by August 1st, as well I’ve started a new historical The Celt’s Bride, revising a Roman romance, and working on coming up with an idea for a historical series I’ve been contemplating


Thank you for being a great guest on Arabella's Blog and Chit-Chat, Patricia. And I'll be sure to dive in and investigate your book recommendation - The Art of Language Invention.
Best wishes for your soon to be released M/M novel - A Hunter's Desire...
Arabella


About Patricia Bates

Patricia Bates - Author
Reading has been such a large part of my life. I cut my literary teeth on such authors as louis L'Amour, Nora Roberts and Janet Dailey. For me, it wasn't such a jump from reading the wonderful tales these authors spun to imagining my own.

Soon I was writing poetry, short stories and by junior high I'd written my first full length romance novel. since then I've taken my love of history and my passion for writing and combined them into what I hope will continue to prove a successful career.

With six books contracted, four of which are currently available in print. All are available in electronic format with the last two ebooks due for release in May and the others in the summer. I'm currently working on three projects, an erotic paranormal romance featuring a witch who loves Christmas, another Ancient Ireland novel, rich in the history of the Irish Celtic peoples, and plotting out a Cowboy Series tentatively titled "The James Gang".

Of course I've got a lot more on the go. I'm developing and growing my editing company with some amazing authors, working on polishing my concepts and plans for upcoming books within the paranormal genres, and keeping up on my writing and being a full time mom, working outside of the house...it's amazing what one can manage in a 16 hour day.

 Social Media


Book Blurb   A Hunter's Desire by Patricia Bates
Genre: Male/Male, Paranormal Romance




Vengeful spirits, dark secrets, and an unanswered question haunt psychic medium Rebel Hunter
Grissom is a small town with dark secrets. When Rebel Hunter, a paranormal consultant, relocates to its outskirts, he unwittingly stumbles upon a mystery decades in the making. After one of his clients vanishes, Rebel is dragged into the investigation by homicide detective Gideon Palmer.

On a forced vacation, Gideon is in the right place at the wrong time, and his downtime is cut short by the disappearance of a wealthy socialite. As he investigates, he finds himself confronted by a wall of silence. The only bright spot is Rebel Hunter, a man of mystery and danger.

Drawn together, their chemistry is immediate, and Rebel and Gideon struggle with their emotions as they navigate the dark twists of the case. Can both men face their own ghosts to help find a missing woman before it's too late?

Content Warning: contains violence and sexual content

BUY LINKS: Coming soon...on:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Writing a Regency Romance - Arabella Sheen

  Writing a Regency romance can be a delightful endeavor! Here are some key elements to keep in mind: 1. Historical Accuracy : Research the...