Wednesday 27 February 2019

Welcome To Contemporary Author - Lizzie Chantree


I'm delighted to welcome contemporary author, Lizzie Chantree, to my blog.




Hello Lizzie. It’s been wonderful connecting with you through the Romantic Novelists’ Association. I find the RNA an excellent group in which to reach out to fellow authors. I love sharing our writing experiences and hearing everyone’s news of up-and-coming book releases.
But…..before we get to know about your latest release, ‘If you love me, I’m yours…’, here are a few questions which will hopefully give your readers an insight into some of the things that matter to you.


Arabella: How did you find your agent or publisher Crooked Cat Books and what are their good points?
Lizzie: Hi Arabella. I found my publisher through a friend. She had just signed with them and I decided to see what they thought of my book Ninja School Mum. I sent the manuscript to three publishers and two responded quickly, which was amazing. A good point is that being one of their authors makes you feel like you are part of a writing community. They are very supportive and all of their authors work together to share knowledge. 


Arabella: When writing a novel, how do you work? Are you a plotter or pantser?
Lizzie: I’m a pantser. I was writing a new book this week and a minor character who I thought was unassuming, suddenly had another side to his personality that I’d not realised before. His backstory, was quite surprising! It’s almost as if I’m reading the story as I write it, which makes it a very exciting process.

Arabella: Currently, what is your most favourite T.V. programme, and why?
Lizzie: I really like watching drama series like Vera, but I also enjoy reality television. Being a writer, people’s mannerisms and the way they interact fascinate me.

Arabella: If the person of your dreams, (husband/wife/partner/or superstar), were to take you out for the night, where would they take you and what would you do?
Lizzie: I am happy anywhere with a beautiful view, especially if it’s by the sea. It could be a picnic or a lavish meal, as long as there was something inspiring to see. You might have noted how both options included food! 

Arabella: A slice of Chocolate Cake, a piece of Fruit, or Burger and Fries?
Lizzie: I’m allergic to chocolate, but I would always choose cake if I could. It’s why I need to do more exercise!


Arabella: Are there any organisations, writing, or reader groups, you belong to? And, how do they support or help you in creating such wonderful, inspirational novels?
Lizzie: I am a member of the Romantic Novelists Association, which is a wonderfully welcoming community of writers. I am also a member of an online book club called RRBC. I have met so many talented and supportive writers and readers there too. I run a Facebook group for writers called Lizzie’s Book Group where we share book marketing ideas and our successes and failures.

Arabella: We all have a long list of books we keep meaning to read but never have the time for --- which book is a must read for you this summer?
Lizzie: I’m looking forward to reading Megan Mayfair’s new book, The problem with perfect.

Arabella: What about your future plans? Any books or series in the making?
Lizzie: I’ve written six books so far and am currently writing a new romantic comedy set by the seaside. It is about a family who have had a business for generations, who suddenly decide one day to pack up and move to the other side of the country and we don’t know why until later in the story. It’s full of mishaps and adventure and of course is packed with romance and giggles too.


Thank you for joining me on Arabella’s Blog and chit-chat, Lizzie. I’ll have to checkout your Facebook page: Lizzie’s Book Group” and see if I can discover some marketing idea. Any author will tell you that these are always needed.
All the best and happy-ever-after writing.

Arabella Sheen


About Lizzie Chantree:

Award-winning inventor and author, Lizzie Chantree, started her own business at the age of 18 and became one of Fair Play London and The Patent Office’s British Female Inventors of the Year in 2000. She discovered her love of writing fiction when her children were little and now runs networking hours on social media, where creative businesses, writers, photographers and designers can offer advice and support to each other. She lives with her family on the coast in Essex. Visit her website at www.lizziechantree.com or follow her on Twitter @Lizzie_Chantree

Social media links:


‘If you love me, I’m yours…’



Book Blurb:  

Maud didn’t mind being boring, not really. She had a sensible job, clothes, and love life… if you counted an overbearing ex who had thanked her, rolled over and was snoring before she even realised he’d begun! She could tolerate not fulfilling her dreams, if her parents would pay her one compliment about the only thing she was passionate about in life: her art. 

Dot should have fit in with her flamboyant and slightly eccentric family of talented artists, but somehow, she was an anomaly who couldn’t paint. She tried hard to be part of their world by becoming an art agent extraordinaire, but she dreamed of finding her own voice. 

Dot’s brother Nate, a smoulderingly sexy and famous artist, was adored by everyone. His creative talent left them in awe of his ability to capture such passion on canvas. Women worshipped him, and even Dot’s friend Maud flushed and bumped into things when he walked into a room, but a tragic event in his past had left him emotionally and physically scarred, and reluctant to face the world again. 

Someone was leaving exquisite little paintings on park benches, with a tag saying, ‘If you love me, I’m yours’. The art was so fresh and cutting-edge, that it generated a media frenzy and a scramble to discover where the mystery artist could be hiding. The revelation of who the prodigious artist was interlinked Maud, Dot and Nate’s lives forever, but their worlds came crashing down. 

Were bonds of friendship, love and loyalty strong enough to withstand fame, success and scandal?


Buy Links:

Universal book buy link: If you love me, I’m yours: viewbook.at/IfYouLoveMe-ImYours
Universal book buy link: Ninja School Mum: viewBook.at/NinjaSchoolMum
Universal book buy link: Babe Driven: myBook.to/LizziesBooks
Universal book buy link: Love’s Child: viewBook.at/Amazon-LovesChild
Universal book buy link: Finding Gina: viewbook.at/FindingGina





1 comment:

  1. Lizzie, Thanks for being such a great guest. And I'll have to check out the book you suggested for a "must read" this summer.

    ReplyDelete

Writing a Regency Romance - Arabella Sheen

  Writing a Regency romance can be a delightful endeavor! Here are some key elements to keep in mind: 1. Historical Accuracy : Research the...