Wednesday 20 February 2019

Welcome to Historical Author - Faye Hall

I’m delighted to welcome Australian Historical Author, Faye Hall, to my blog.


Hello Faye, It was great to connect through our romance publisher, Beachwalk Press - where a wide range of quality ebooks in a variety of subgenres, are offered – including Australian Historical Romance.
Here are a few questions which will hopefully give your readers an insight into some of the things that matter to you.

Arabella: How did you find your agent or publisher and what are their good points?
Faye: I found Beachwalk Press literally by accident.  I was having extreme issues with the publisher I was with (no royalties, no communication) and was trying to see if it was just happening to me. Long story short I ended up on a forum that mentioned Beachwalk and thought I’d check them out.  Much to my surprise, they took the first manuscript I sent them and I’ve been with them since.  They’re the best publisher I’ve worked with so far and I’ve no plans of leaving them any time soon.  Can’t praise them enough.  Good communication and I always get a detailed royalty statement regardless of sales.

Arabella: Which do you prefer to wear: beach shorts and top, a long evening skirt and blouse, pyjamas and slippers?
Faye: I’d love to say pjs and slippers but Australian weather doesn’t always allow that.  I mostly live in singlet and shorts or a summer dress.

Arabella: Who or what inspired you to write your latest release, Wrath & Mercy?
Faye: Well it’s the fifth book in my Sins of the Virtuous series, and deals with the sin of wrath.  The entire series was born from my want to write my own version – a sensual version – of the seven deadly sins.  As with all my books, it also holds some local history from my hometown too.


Arabella: We all have a long list of books we keep meaning to read but never have the time for --- which book is a must read for you this summer?
Faye: There’s a new, upcoming author from America called April Wood.  She writes magically themed books and I’m quite intrigued by her series.

Arabella: If you could choose, which would it be: A walk in the woods, a walk along a beachfront to dip your toes in the sea, or a day shopping for clothes?
Faye: A walk in the woods.

Arabella: How do you research your novels and characters?
Faye: A lot of my characters are based on stories I’ve been told about my own ancestors and their journey to Australia during the 1800s.  I also use the local history I’ve collected over the years to get as many historical facts as accurate as possible.  Only occasionally do I have to do a google search, but that’s mainly for shipping records, or botanical medicines.

Arabella: What advice would you give to someone who is starting out on their writing journey?
Faye: To not let the bad reviews or ratings get to you.  After all, authors can’t please everyone.



Arabella: What about your future plans? Any books or series in the making?
Faye: I’ve still got two more books to write in the Sins of the Virtuous series.  After that, I would like to get back to a few single titled books that are already in the works and then I might try to tackle another series.


Thank you Faye, It was lovely to have you as a guest on Arabella’s Blog and Chit-Chat.  Do tell us when your other two books in the Sins of the Virtuous series are ready for publishing. It would be great to have an update.
Oh…and I’ll remember to check out your author recommendation for this summer’s reading.
All the best, and happy-ever-after writing,
Arabella Sheen
arabellasheen.co.uk


About Faye Hall
Faye Hall spent her early years listening to stories about the families – including her own – who settled townships in and around her hometown in North Queensland, Australia.  The local townspeople, including her own parents, told her stories of corruption and slavery, along with family secrets and forbidden love.

Desperate to remember what she’d been told, along with her already growing love of writing, Faye began to write about the history of her local area.  Never could she have imagined the history of her small home town in Australia would become a growing list of published books.

Faye’s passionate stories combine controversial subjects and provocative encounters as her characters struggle to survive the lifestyle in early rural townships throughout Australia.  She explores slavery and abortion, drug addiction and murder, as well as forbidden love and passionate affairs of the heart.

When she's not writing, Faye enjoys sharing a bottle of wine with her husband in their ever-growing garden, and encouraging the varied interests of their combined family of nine children.

Explore the world of Faye Hall, Australian Historical Romance Author at her website https://www.faye-hall.com

Social Media Links
Book Blurb
Would you show mercy to the lover who deserted you?
Finley Helmer thought he had it all when Elina invited him into her bed.  He thought he found passion and love beyond compare.  Instead he was thrown into a life of smuggling black opals, drugs and aboriginal slaves.  When he was charged with murder, he fled town to escape the charges, vowing to return and ask his lover why she’d handed him over to the police.
Elina Clemence was ripped away from her home and the man she loved and brought to Australia to start her life anew.  Her father promised her beauty and opportunity.  What she found was a cruel and abusive business partner, and a step-daughter who wanted to destroy her.
Despite the constant accidents following her and threatening her life, Elina sets herself up as a profitable shipping tycoon, with control over most of the town's supply.  Despite her powerful position, her heart still ached for the man she once loved who disappeared from her life without a trace.
Finding themselves passionately reunited, Finley and Elina discover the cruelty that tore them from each other.  As they search for answers, they uncover the unrelenting wrath and vengeance of an opium addict who will stop at nothing until she has possession of the black opals she thinks they are hiding.

Will their love for each other allow them forgiveness, or will they fall victim to the horror that seems to be following them?




Book Excerpt
Elina went quiet, watching Fin’s attention return to the papers on the desk. She knew now wasn’t the best time to bring up her own concerns. Still, he needed to know.
“My father told me we leave for Australia as soon as he has our affairs in order.”
Fin looked up at Elina. “He told me before the funeral that he thought it best to take you as far away from here as possible. He believes what is being said about Ewan, and he doesn’t want those he dealt with finding their way back to you.”
Elina lowered her gaze to her lap. “Will you be coming with us?”
Silence surrounded them. Lifting her gaze to him and seeing his stern expression, she felt her heart sink.
“Archie has instructed me to stay here in England a while longer to finalize the last few shipments. It will be at least a few months before I can get my own passage to Australia.”
His words stabbed at her heart. “I don’t want to leave you,” she uttered, her voice laced with tears.
Getting up from his seat, he walked around the desk. His hands going to her, he helped her to stand. “I’ll join you as soon as I’m able. I promise.”
Her gaze held his as fear filled her. What if this was the last time she’d ever see him? The mere thought pained her.
“This isn’t goodbye,” he told her, his hand going to her face, his fingers stroking her cheek. “I won’t allow it to be.”

Buy Links





No comments:

Post a Comment

Writing a Regency Romance - Arabella Sheen

  Writing a Regency romance can be a delightful endeavor! Here are some key elements to keep in mind: 1. Historical Accuracy : Research the...