Wednesday 11 November 2020

Welcome to RNA - NWS member - Linn Seanor

I’m delighted to welcome Linn Seanor, a New Writers’ Scheme member of the Romantic Novelists’ Association, to my blog.


Linn Seanor and Friend

For those unfamiliar with the RNA - New Writers’ Scheme, the scheme offers unpublished writers the chance to network with fellow writers, agents and publishers…and includes many more membership benefits.

 

Hello Linn – Thank you for joining me on Arabella’s Blog and Chit-Chat, today. As we whizz through a few Questions & Answers, hopefully, readers and followers will gain an insight into some of the things that matter to you as a writer. It's a chance for all of us to get to know you a little as you make your way towards the publication of your novel. So, let's get started... 😊

 

Arabella: Egg and Chips, Tea and Cake, or a Chocolate Treat?

Linn: Tea and Cake. I drink tea everyday but cake is an occasional indulgence which takes some time and effort. I either bake something myself or arrange a trip out to enjoy a special treat. It's not something I do often therefore it's more rewarding when I do.

 

Photo provided by - Linn Seanor

Arabella: When and where do you write? Early mornings when the world is still sleeping? Late afternoons when you’ve time to relax? Or other opportune moments…?

Linn: I'm a little and often writer. My most productive writing hours are after the morning school run, and then a few hours after dinner up until bedtime. When I'm not writing, I work through scenes in my head before getting it typed up. My most productive thinking time is when I'm preparing food!

 

Arabella: Which season of the year do you most enjoy and why?

Linn: Spring. It's when the snow finally begins to recede and melt away and the days become longer. After living in a mostly monochromatic world of snow, ice and grey days for up to six months of the year, the sight of crocuses and new grass shoots appearing in the garden are a most welcome and colourful sight.


Photo provided by - Linn Seanor


Arabella: You’ve arranged to meet up with friends and family for an afternoon of fun. Where do you go and what do you do?

Linn: I live in rural Norway so get-togethers revolve around eating and being outdoors. During the warmer months, that's hiking and swimming in lakes. In winter, we go cross-country skiing when the snow condition is right. Luckily for me, all this can be done from my doorstep. Alternatively, we visit friends who own a cabin. Norwegians have a saying, “there is no such thing as bad weather, only bad clothing”. Since moving here in 2002, Long Johns and studded walking boots are part of my essential winter attire when venturing outdoors in sub-minus temperatures!

 

Arabella: So…you are a member of the RNA’s – NWS which means you are in the throes of writing the next bestseller.

No spoilers and without revealing too much about your plot… (otherwise someone might pinch your great story ideas before they’ve been published… J ) Tell us briefly about the romance you hope to submit to the RNA’s - New Writers’ Scheme for a friendly critique, before approaching an agent or publisher with your completed manuscript.

Linn: I'm coming to the end of my first year as part of the RNA New Writers' Scheme and my submission this year was a rom-com about a 50-something widow with two teenagers set in Northern England. I've already begun writing the novel I plan to submit in 2021. It's a contemporary, second chance romance set in Southern Norway. My aim to have two novels ready before I begin looking for an agent and/or publisher.

 

Thank you so much for sharing something about yourself and your writers’ life with us, Linn. You gave us a glimpse of what living in Norway can be like, and the beautiful photos you provided, (especially the cream covered cake!), shows how good it can be – even in sub-zero temperatures.

Best wishes for any NWS works in progress, and I hope your manuscripts find a home with the romance agent/publisher of your dreams.

Arabella

www.arabellasheen.co.uk

 

About   Linn Seanor



Linn Seanor and Friend

Since childhood, books, paper and coloured pencils have been part of Linn Seanor's life. As an adult, she began writing in 2014 and has participated and won NaNoWriMo since 2016. After two unsuccessful tries to get a place on the Romantic Novelists' Association's New Writers' Scheme, luck was on her side in 2020...proving something positive has happened this year!

When she's not writing, blogging or reading, Linn likes walking in the forest which surrounds her home, taking photographs and scrapbooking.

Born and brought up in east part of God's own county, Linn now lives in the Land of the Midnight Sun after swapping city life to live on a farm where the local horse and cat populations outnumber that of the humans. She's married to a Norwegian she met in cyberspace and they have a teenage son.

 

Social Media Links

Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/AuthorLinnSeanor

Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/norwayellesea

Twitter - https://twitter.com/NorwayEllesea

Blog - http://www.ellesea.no/

Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/elleseanor

Pinterest - https://no.pinterest.com/LinnSeanor

Ellesea Loves Reading


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for featuring me on you blog today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linn - Thank you for being a super guest on the blog. I really got a taste of your life in Norway and also your in-put into writing and blogging.
    Wishing all the best with your WIP and any in-coming publishing contracts.
    Arabella

    ReplyDelete

Forbidden Stowaway - Arabella Sheen - EXCERPT 2

   Chapter One - Excerpt 2 Olivia was taken to the back of the tavern, where the landlady pulled aside a dark velvet curtain to reveal a ro...