Wednesday 16 December 2020

Welcome to Romance Author - Beth D. Carter

I’m delighted to welcome romance author, Beth D. Carter, to my blog.

 

Beth D. Carter - Author

Hello Beth – I‘m so pleased you were able to join me on Arabella’s Blog and Chit-Chat this week as I know how busy you must be writing and editing your sexy, hot romance novels. But before we discover more about your latest release - The Holiday Grouch – here are a few questions which will hopefully give your readers and followers and insight into some of the things that matter to you.

 

Arabella: You’ve got an idea for a story but it has yet to take shape. Where do you start? Do you concentrate on the location in the story, or developing the characters personalities and conflicts, or are there other key points you might consider?

Beth:  With me, I have to have an end in mind. A good idea is one thing, but I have to know where the story is headed. Location and conflicts come out as I develop the characters, and I usually go back and alter things as I write. I do a very broad outline as I start and figure it out as I go along.

 


Arabella: In your latest release The Holiday Grouch what is the overall theme or premise, and what made you choose this topic?

Beth:  This story is based, obviously, on The Grinch Who Stole Christmas. And there are A LOT of Easter Eggs in it. I wanted to write this as a Hallmark Story so merging those two genres was an interesting challenge. How do you make The Grinch sexy and relatable? Yes, he evolves by the end, but you can’t write him so horrible he’s not redeemable to the reader.

 

Arabella: Roses, Lilies, or another flower of choice?

Beth:  I love roses.



Arabella: You’ve arranged to meet with friends and family for an afternoon of fun. In the present socially restricted climate, where do you go and what do you do?

Beth:  I haven’t seen one of my best friends, CR Moss, for a year now, even though she lives about 15 minutes away. Instead, we text and we’ve chatted on the phone. We’ll get together when this time passes and it’s safe to be together once more.


Arabella: All authors love and need to read. When choosing a book, do you:

a) pick off the shelf?

b) search online?

c) go with friends recommendations?

d) other…

Beth:   I usually choose from my favorite authors first and then after that, I go with blurb and cover.


Arabella: The moment we are published, a career path is usually envisaged. Do you have any aspirations or ambitions for yourself and any future novels you might write?

Beth:  I would love to be able to support myself full time with writing, but sadly that’s not the case.  For now, I work as a pharmacy tech and supplement that with my writing. My goal is five releases a year, and I’m usually about 2-3 books ahead. It’s a daunting schedule but it keeps me focused and on track. The stories I love to tell are the stories I love to read, so I write for me, and keep my fingers crossed readers can relate to them.


Thank you for joining me on the blog, Beth. Your hero, Mr. Grouch – a.k.a. Reece Greene –  sounds ruthless and hot! Wishing you all the best for your latest release, The Holiday Grouch…

Arabella

www.arabellasheen.co.uk

 

About   Beth D. Carter

Beth D. Carter - Author

I began reading my mom’s Harlequin Presents in the fifth grade, and from the first story I knew I wanted to write romance novels. I like writing about the very ordinary girl thrust into extraordinary circumstances, so my heroines will probably never be lawyers, doctors or corporate highrollers.  I try to write characters who aren't cookie cutters and push myself to write complicated situations that I have no idea how to resolve, forcing me to think outside the box.  I love writing characters who are real, complex and full of flaws, heroes and heroines who find redemption through love.

 

Social Media:

http://bethdcarter.blogspot.com/

https://twitter.com/BethDCarter
https://www.facebook.com/bethdcarterauthor

https://www.instagram.com/bethdcarter/

https://www.bookbub.com/profile/beth-d-carter

Amazon author page:  http://www.amazon.com/BethD.Carter/e/B00EOTD1T0/ref=sr_ntt_srch_lnk_1?qid=1385417145&sr=8-1

 

Book Blurb:  The Holiday Grouch



Reece Greene has only one thing on his mind: to buy the bed and breakfast that stands in his way. He has plans of developing condos on the ski slopes of Mistletoe Canyon, and although he has the hots for one Calliope Whobrey, he won’t let a pretty face get in the way.

Callie runs the bed and breakfast with her grandmother, and she wouldn’t trade it for any other life. When the grumpy Mr. Greene shows up she tries hard to ignore her attraction, but he’s not going away without a fight.

The battle of wills is on. While Callie does whatever she can to irritate him, Reece has plans to steal the cheer right out of Christmas. What must she go through to make his heart grow a size or two?

BUY LINKS:

EVERNIGHT PUBLISHING

AMAZON

SMASHWORDS


1 comment:

Forbidden Stowaway - Arabella Sheen - EXCERPT 2

   Chapter One - Excerpt 2 Olivia was taken to the back of the tavern, where the landlady pulled aside a dark velvet curtain to reveal a ro...