Tuesday 17 May 2022

Welcome to Romance Author - Laura M. Baird

I'm delighted to welcome Laura M. Baird to my blog  


Laura M. Baird - Author

Hello Laura – I was so pleased when you said you were able to join me on Arabella’s Blog and Chit-Chat this week as I know you must be busy sharing the news about your latest release. But before we discover more about Vintage, here are a few questions that will hopefully give your readers and followers an insight into some of the things that matter to you.

 

Arabella: You’ve got an idea for a story but it has yet to take shape. Where do you start? Do you concentrate on the location in the story, or developing the characters personalities and conflicts, or are there other key points you might consider?

Laura: Every story varies. Sometimes characters will jump out at me and I build a story around them. Other times it may be a situation, a happening in life, the community, the world, and I build a story around that. For my latest release, I wrote a story in a shared world, where a lead author put forth a few parameters for similarly themed stories. It's about vampires and reincarnation. Lovers ripped apart by heart-wrenching circumstances. I immediately thought of who my characters would be, their background, and how they'd be separated. Then, fast-forward to modern day; how would my characters reconnect. It was an emotional story but of course has its HEA.

 

Arabella: In your latest release Vintage what is the overall theme or premise, and what made you choose this topic?

Laura: Vintage is my latest release, and as I wrote above, it's about vampires and reincarnation. Two people share forbidden love; then their world is ripped apart. The hero has a chance to live forever by becoming a vampire; then he awaits to reincarnation of his love. Another author approached me about writing in this world and I jumped at the opportunity. It allowed me to be part of a group project with authors I adore, and it challenged me to stretch my writing muscles. ;) I love that! Also, the writing timeframe was tight, so that's always an opportunity to see if I can accomplish the task in a short period. And it worked!


 

Arabella: Roses, Lilies, or another flower of choice?

Laura: Oh, I love daffodils and snapdragons.


Snapdragons 


Arabella: You’ve arranged to meet with friends and family for an afternoon of fun. Where do you go and what do you do?

Laura: I live in Washington state in the US, and I love nature. I'd rather head to the beach or go on a hike rather than hand around the city. A long walk on the beach, then yummy pizza and ice cream.


 

Arabella: All authors love and need to read. When choosing a book, do you:

a) pick off the shelf?

b) search online?

c) go with friends recommendations?

d) other…

Laura: I want to be hooked by the description; if it's something that intrigues me or I'm sure I'll enjoy, I'll buy. I try to support as many Indie authors as I can because I know how challenging it can be for those books to be seen. If I were to buy every book I ever wanted to read, I'd never get anything else accomplished in life! Which really doesn't sound too bad, eh? ;)

 

Arabella: Italian, French or English. (I’ll leave it to you to decide if I mean a gourmet meal, a bottle of wine, or a partner!)

Laura: Ha! Can I just insert Scottish? Both hubby and I are of Scottish descent and would love to visit Scotland one day, tour cities as well as the countryside. I'm not much of a wine drinker, and I'll pass on Haggis!

 

Arabella: The moment we are published, a career path is usually envisaged. Do you have any aspirations or ambitions for yourself and any future novels you might write?

Laura: With my first acceptance, I was beyond thrilled. After writing for many years, to see my dream realized was amazing! And now, five years later, I can boast about having twenty-five publications in romance! There are so many projects I have in mind, I don't think I'll ever run out of ideas. To make a best selling list, such as New York Times, USA Today,... even best selling Amazon Author, that would be fantastic. I'll continue to write and publish and reach as many readers as I can while making fabulous connections with other authors.


Thank you for joining me on Arabella's Blog and Chit-Chat, Laura. And Scotland hit a soft spot. Being half-Scottish (on my mother's side), Scotland holds a special place in my heart. Wishing you all the best for your latest release, Vintage

Arabella Xxx 






About  Laura M. Baird



Laura M. Baird - Author

Laura is an award winning romance author, living life in the Pacific Northwest, where she's always working on her next story. She's been in retail, fast food, and served in the U.S. Army (where she met her husband of 31+ years). She's a semi-retired dental hygienist, a career she's enjoyed for twenty-two years. A wife, mother, and grand mother, she draws on life experiences and a wild imagination to feed her author side. When not writing, she's enjoying plenty of good books in the romance genre as well as historical fiction. She loves engaging, so don't be shy about contacting and following her.


Laura's Social Media Links:

Website: https://www.laurambairdauthor.com

Amazon page:  https://amzn.to/3t12vVe

Bookbub: https://www.bookbub.com/authors/laura-m-baird

Books2read: https://books2read.com/LauraMBaird

Evernight Publishing: https://www.evernightpublishing.com/laura-m-baird/

Goodreads:  https://www.goodreads.com/laurambaird

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LauraMBairdauthor/

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/LauraMBaird

Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/LauraMBairdRA

Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/LauraMBaird

Verve Romance: https://ververomance.com/app/LauraMB/filter/Bites

YouTube: https://tinyurl.com/yc2jnwbg


Book Blurb  - Vintage: The Reincarnation Series Book 2



Reginald Cast, a former slave, will do anything to be reunited with his love, Charlotte. Including becoming a vampire.

Renata Charles has visions of another life. When tempted by an appealing mysterious man, she learns she's Charlotte reincarnated.

Will Renata acknowledge Charlotte's spirit within her and accept Reginald's gift of eternal love? Or will forces from the past continue to keep them apart?


available now at Amazon and in Kindle Unlimited

BUY LINK:  https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09W1D25RN  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Forbidden Stowaway - Arabella Sheen - EXCERPT 2

   Chapter One - Excerpt 2 Olivia was taken to the back of the tavern, where the landlady pulled aside a dark velvet curtain to reveal a ro...