Wednesday 3 April 2019

Welcome to Romance Author - L.T. Kelly


I’m delighted to welcome L.T.Kelly to my blog.


Hi, L.T. Kelly. It was lovely to connect with you through the Romantic Novelists’ Association and on social media. I’m looking forward to reading what you have to share with us about your writing experiences and your life in general. Here are a few questions which will hopefully give your readers an insight into some of the things that matter to you.

Arabella: When writing a book or chapter, which is most important to you: plot, character, or setting?
L.T. Kelly: How could I possibly choose? It should be all components. However, with a gun to my head I would choose character. I always allow the character to drive everything.

Arabella: Currently, what is your most favourite T.V. programme, and why?
L.T. Kelly: Hmmm, you ask incredibly difficult questions. I prefer box sets that are ready to watch as I’m unable to commit to one time each week. I’m a stickler for Married at First Sight, mostly because I can’t actually believe that someone would marry someone they’d never met! I also loved the different take on stalkers that Netflix’s You brought us.

Arabella: In your latest release, Kissing Katie, who is your favourite character and why?
L.T. Kelly: Well, it would have to be Katie, of course. She a single mother with walls built so high around her after the death of her husband it’s difficult to decipher if she’ll ever be happy. That’s until she meets the most talented and gorgeous young man, Evan. Katie is feisty, an amazing mother and everyone we could inspire to be, but still be human at the same time!


Arabella: How do you research your novels and characters?
L.T. Kelly: I really like houses, especially lovely big houses! So, if you read about a house, apartment, condo or mansion in one of my novels, you bet it actually exists! My characters are always based, loosely, on people I’ve met in real life. Even if they’ve just walked past me and I think they look interesting, I find it easy to build on that.

Arabella: If the person of your dreams, (husband/wife/partner/or superstar), were to take you out for the night, where would they take you and what would you do?
L.T. Kelly: This sounds very sad, but since I met my partner I’ve been into fishing. All of the comments on social media with me holding a ginormous carp whilst sporting pearls and eyeliner have been hilarious! So, it would be so lovely to have a delicious candlelit dinner in a stunning log cabin on the edge of a well-stocked lake with a hot tub looking out over it and then to fish the lake the next morning and finally beat my partner at fishing!


Arabella: A slice of Chocolate Cake, a piece of Fruit, or Burger and Fries?
L.T. Kelly: Fruit! I’m a type one diabetic with a very late diagnosis. That’s not my reason for choice, though because even fruit causes me trouble!

Arabella: We all have a long list of books we keep meaning to read but never have the time for --- which book is a must read for you this summer?
L.T. Kelly: You’re asking me another hard question! If there’s a book I must read this year it would be The Hopes and Dreams of Lucy Baker by Jenni Keer.

Arabella: What advice would you give to someone who is starting out on their writing journey?
L.T. Kelly: Carry on, don’t stop, keep going. Edit, edit, edit.


Thank you for joining me on Arabella’s Blog and Chit-Chat, L.T. Kelly. Your book sounds intense and seems to hold quite a bit of emotional conflict. I’m sure your readers are keen to discover if Evan can win Katie’s love and still hold onto his dreams.
Oh…and another thing…
Hot tubs I can cope with. Romantic candlelit dinners no problem. But carp fishing! That’s something I don’t think I could manage…but hey, if you’re truly in love, I guess you’d give anything a go…well, almost anything.
Good luck with catching a big one. And don’t forget to reel in the boyfriend occasionally.

Arabella Sheen



About L.T. Kelly
L.T. Kelly was born and bred in Birmingham, UK but has settled for a quieter existence in a hamlet in Lincolnshire.
A self-confessed lover of all things romantic, she penned her first two adult romance vampire novels in 2013 having just left behind a Royal Air Force career.
L.T. Kelly now works in the legal side of mental health alongside her passion for creating steamy stories, hoping to drag her readers away from the mundane that real life often brings.
She is hopelessly in love with her children, boyfriend and wine, not necessarily in that order.

L.T. Kelly loves hearing from her readers. Please get in touch!
Twitter handle: @ltkelly2 https://twitter.com/LTKelly2




Blurb:
Iraq war widow Katie Simmons hasn’t considered giving love another chance since the devastating loss of her husband. She’s happy sharing her love with her six-year-old daughter, Jessica. What more could she want from life?
Evan Waters is headed for the big time. He’s plowing his time, money and energy into recording Spires’ debut album. Following on in his British rock legend father’s footsteps, he has big shoes to fill, a mission made more difficult by his alcoholic mother.
When Katie and Evan meet on the London Underground, she denies his advances. Evan must find a way to demolish the walls she’s built around her heart. But even if he’s successful, will he be able to provide her with the commitment she deserves and still fulfill his ambitions?

Buy Links:
Amazon US https://amzn.to/2TCXOyZ 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Forbidden Stowaway - Arabella Sheen - EXCERPT 2

   Chapter One - Excerpt 2 Olivia was taken to the back of the tavern, where the landlady pulled aside a dark velvet curtain to reveal a ro...